Health check of the dairy herd
Estimation of the economic losses associated with the main disease occurences in a dairy herd annual
Simulator design : Christine Fourichon, Henri Seegers, François Beaudeau et Nathalie
||UMR Oniris INRA BIOlogy, EPidemiology et Risk Analysis in animal health
based on the results obtained in partnership with :
les Contrôles Laitiers,
les Groupements de Défense Sanitaire,
et le Groupement Technique Vétérinaire
des Pays de la Loire
Website design : François Kammerer, Infoburo
supported by GALA association.
Veterinary practitinners, farm advisors, farmers.
Principle of operation
- Health situation : frequency of health and reproduction disorders
- Technical characteristics of the farm
- Price and economical values
- Estimation of total economical losses of the health situation
- Estimation of losses associated to each health disorder
- Estimated losses (decreased output) do not include control costs (inputs from prevention and treatment). To estimate the total impact of health disorders, control costs should be added.
- Calculation principles are described in the presentation and the bibliography available on line
- It is possible to make several simulations for each farming in order to compare the observed situation with different expected situations.